1) Digital prototyping using Solidworks 2013
2) Design and build mechanical and pneumatic test fixtures.
3) Converting 2D to 3D models.
4) Documentation of models and assemblies.
The typical process is as follows:
1) The creation of a conceptual design of the test fixture.
2) Design Review
Conceptual design of the fixture, typically shared as an E-drawing.
Material consideration need to be discussed for each piece of the fixture, some parts of the fixture may have special part contact needs, for instant aluminum parts may need to be coated, anodization is preferred coating method and those pieces that are in contact with the product may need to be Hard Anodized otherwise other materials like plastics (Delrin) or stainless steel can be used. Product contact some times require special materials that are FDA and clean-room approved.
3) Approval of conceptual design and or any chances that had been made.
4) 1st payment of 50% is due for the project to continue. The remaining balance would be due at completion of the product.
Estimated time to complete a $5000 project is a follows:
* Conceptual design of the product, 1 to 2 weeks
* Machine Shop, 4 to 6 weeks
* Welding components additional 2 weeks
* Assembly of product 1 week
* Estimated Total Time would be about 2 to 3 Months
There is a lot of work that goes into the creation of a conceptual test fixture design. So only those that are serious about a joint venture need to apply.
I have work for several companies...
Read More »