I am a communications professional with skills that include writing and editing corporate and technical communications, copywriting, web management, communication planning and implementation, managing, delivering, and coordinating the work of writers, editors, designers, developers, etc. My most recent job experience encompasses researching, documenting, and writing consumer-oriented technical content for various industrial and scientific-related products for a large, online retailer.
• Planned, organized and wrote a variety of technical documentation, including user and administrator guides, business requirements documents, business requirements catalogs, statements of work, project charters, design specifications, process documentation, user acceptance test scripts, etc., for use in projects for large Redmond, Wash.-based global software company as well as other clients.
• Developed set of project document templates, ranging from desktop procedures to service level agreements in order to standardize company business communications and reduce costs. Templates currently in use by business and project managers. Also led development of "catalogs" of generic site user and administrator procedures for SharePoint 2007 and 2010 versions to lower costs of documentation.
• Planned, developed and implemented various employee benefit communications, including handbooks, statements of benefits, summary plan descriptions, etc., for large manufacturer. Also led safety and health communications for the same employer, which included the management and maintenance of the company’s safety manual.
• Tool experience includes Microsoft SharePoint, Visual Expression Design, OneNote, Excel, Word, Project, Visio, Snagit.
Communications Planning and Development
• Developed and implemented plans for communicating major internal company initiatives for large corporation, including introduction of profit sharing plan, companywide capital management process, labor relations principles and work systems, etc. Included executive and leader communications.
• Wrote and edited copy for a wide range of media including newsletters, employee handbooks, forms, brochures, web, video, etc.
• Planned and coordinated work of writers, print and web designers, developers, illustrators, videographers, photographers, etc., to develop and deliver a variety of collateral and media.
• Managed large manufacturer’s intranet portal, which served as primary access point to information and applications for 30,000-plus employees Responsible for intranet governance and strategic direction in partnership with IT department, Corporate Library, and businesses.
• Developed governance for and managed customer extranet portal and employee access Internet sites.
• Facilitated business case for and introduction of social media (blogs, wikis) on intranet.