Read More »
Writing: Advanced, university level writing skills -- English (Native), French (Working Proficiency)
HTML: Basic coding skills and knowledge of webpage development and creating attractive article layouts; able to include keyword hyperlinks in articles.
Editing: University level proofreading and editing skills
Reading: Quick and thorough reading skills, efficiency in writing book and product reviews
Typing: Fast and accurate typing, 75 WPM
Wrote content, took photos
Emily Shumborski is an innovative and motivated content producer, editor and writer. She can offer her writing skills to any type of writing job, including but not limited to: news, travel, lifestyle, and culinary articles, product reviews, book reviews, album/single reviews, product summaries, transcription of audio, proofreading & editing, blogging.
Her adaptive writing can range from formal business copy to twee, Frankie styled writing. As a client, you can expect Emily to deliver a high standard of work on time. She is currently available for any writing opportunities
Read More »
Al Jazeera Media Network
2014 - Present
Oversaw the weekly production of 101 East episodes, from pre-filing to post-production, working closely with Al Jazeera’s in-house team as well as independent filmmakers.
Student Broadcasting Network
2013 - 2013
As the primary content developer, Emily generated ideas for weekly programmes focusing on issues and concerns of Melbourne's teen population. She sources contributors and booked interviews to...
48 Hour Film Project
Public Relations Manager
2012 - 2013
– Copywriter for Pozible fundraising site and official 48HFP Melbourne website
– Copywriter and editor for Sponsorship guide
– Approached new and potential sponsors to garner financial support
Remote Control Records
Public Relations Coordinator
2012 - 2013
Emily wrote artist and album biographies for press releases, and produced promotional reports for local and international artists. Artists included: Radiohead, Queens of The Stone Age, Vampire...
2010 - 2011
- Wrote and reviewed applications to Canadian government for artists’ grants
- Handled local and national orders
- Organized local in-store performances
- Contacted radio stations, papers and TV...
Public Relations Intern
2009 - 2009
– Received, read and archived press to be used for later dates
– Researched new and current blogs
– Assembled promotional packages media
– Organization of listening parties
– Oversaw and updated...
Bachelor of Humanities Combined Honours
Radio 3 Triple R
Triple R broadcasters training course
University of Melbourne
School of Photographic Arts: Ottawa (2010)
Elementary Photoshop training