I am a hardworking and self-motivated Web and Graphic Designer. Combining both a strong creative background with my experience and technical skills allows me to deliver projects from initial brief and concepts through to build and completion producing clean, functional designs for web and print.
My background includes working with large corporations to small family-run businesses, elevating their companies to the online environment or perfecting their online presence. My experience in designing for print includes adverts for entry in Elle Decoration and posters for Nottingham University.
I offer innovative solutions for web and print. My clients range from Bespoke Furniture Companies to Universities. No templates, just unique, inspirational designs.
City of Islington College
Digital Media course
2006 - 2007
2012 - Present
Working on multiple projects with a talented team of designers and developers, creating high quality graphics and implementing bespoke user interface designs for a major online gaming company.
Love Vintage Furniture
Senior Web and Graphic Designer
2007 - 2012
Love Vintage Furniture is an online retailer selling 20th century furniture combined with a bespoke upholstery service.
My brief was to design and build a slick, usable website that didnít overpower their furniture. I set up monthly updates, keeping the website fresh and current alongside an email alert to subscribers promoting new items and events. I managed all of their print work including adverts in Elle Decoration. Please see my portfolio for examples of my work with Love Vintage Furniture.
Day and Bell
Senior Web and Social Media Designer
2011 - 2011
Day and Bell is a vibrant firm of Chartered Surveyors.
My brief was to design and build a professional, usable website that ensured a good first impression to potential clients. I created a blog where my client could post regular updates and news - keeping the site fresh and interesting.
The University of Nottingham - School of Politics
2010 - 2010
School of Politics and International Relations are a diverse, research-led School, which integrates research and teaching at every level.
I was given several briefs to design posters that promoted various conferences and events. I work closely with the client using illustrator to create fresh and inviting designs. Please see my portfolio for examples of my work with the School of Politics and International Relations.
Newsquest Specialist Media
Web Production assistant
2006 - 2007
Newsquest Specialist Media Ltd is an international media organisation, providing specialist B2B and consumer information for a diverse range of markets.
My role included:
- Updating site content across 11 different websites
- Creating email alert templates using html
- Creating mini-sites using html and css
- Creating animated banner ads using Photoshop
- Dealing with user queries
- Project management of smaller web projects
Heat mobile network Ė Emap Performance
2005 - 2005
Emap is a business-to-business multiplatform media group, whose brands inform, inspire and
connect within the sectors they operate in.
My role included:
- Liaising with picture agencies, asking permission to use photographs and the cost.
- Editing pictures using Photoshop for use on the website
- Creating charts, documenting masses of info about pictures, the codes and company.
- Daily editing mobile phone package for heat magazine - using site builder to change the content of text and pictures. Changing the heat feature (Main item of gossip that week e.g. Big Brother update) weekly. Judging how the text and picture would look best on the mobile screen and entering it accordingly.
- Sending out SMS and MMS messages to mobiles signed up to heat mobile with the latest gossip
stories every day.
- Writing captions for pictures