Are you looking for a highly talented and experienced learning consultant to lead your training/instructional design team? Do you need someone with extensive expertise in applying adult learning theory to instructional design projects and training delivery? Or are you seeking an experienced, professional consultant to produce world class training materials for one or more of your deliverables? Do you need someone with experience in ILT (both classroom and virtual), WBT, social learning and blended design and delivery methods who can hit the...
Read More »
This is an overview-level video created in the whiteboard style using NotateIt for...
These are two images from a learning tool created in the style of a graphic novel for...
This sample podcast was created as a demo piece for a client. The client was...
Marketing brochure I created during the "dating tips for geeks" segments of...
Senior learning consultant with proven experience building and managing global training, instructional design and technical writing teams. Possess broad and deep experience developing, delivering and measuring cost-effective learning using a wide variety of delivery methods, from traditional ILT to immersive online simulations. Professional podcaster and online community builder, passionate about pairing the right content with the right delivery mechanisms to produce effective, efficient and engaging learning. Adult learning is not just my career, it is my passion!
Read More »
Meeting Sciences, Inc.
Director of Learning & Documentation
2010 - Present
• Work closely with other senior management to define the immediate and long-term learning and documentation strategies to support the global business objectives
• Develop the infrastructure for...
Ankh Infinity Productions
Podcast Host and Producer
2005 - Present
• Co-produce and often host Intellectual Icebergs (www.intellectualicebergs.org) and produce and host Aural Icebergs (www.auralicebergs.org) podcasts
• Production duties I manage include...
Ernst & Young, US Military
Senior Instructional Design Consultant
2007 - 2010
• Consulted for ACS, Inc. through MMC Group, performing senior instructional design work for Ernst & Young, US Military and other clients
• Developed learning strategies and advised ACS and its...
Newmont Mining Corporation
Global Training Lead (Consultant)
2007 - 2007
• Designed and developed training materials for new Sarbanes-Oxley compliant IT processes and managed the global delivery of the materials, adhering to the extremely tight deadline of a highly...
Senior Technical Instructional Design Consultant
2005 - 2007
• Consultant performing instructional design and development, project management and business analysis
• Developed department project plan, strategic roadmap and executive presentations to obtain...
GE Access Distribution
Senior Instructional Design, Training and Tech Wri
2006 - 2006
• Contractor through Project CC, performing process change management, technical writing, instructional design and development and training for GE Access Distribution
• Worked closely with Six...
Global Corporate Training Manager
2004 - 2005
• Designed and developed all new training and instructional design team processes, procedures, templates and materials to establish the new corporate training team
• Created new training program...
CSG Systems, Inc.
Senior Technical Course Developer
2000 - 2004
• Designed and developed technical courses for several telecommunications software products, utilizing Accelerated Learning principles and adult learning theory. Materials were developed in...
Senior Technical Instructor
1999 - 2000
• Developed and delivered highly technical BroadVision Enterprise 1:1 course material to a mostly technical group of students (software engineers, web developers, system administrators and database...
Sr. Technical Software Trainer/Education Consultan
1999 - 2000
• Developed fully customized training materials (curriculum development)
• Trained clients (end users) on the complex AnalytiX and Explore proprietary database marketing software. These classes are...
Security Life of Denver
1996 - 1999
• Trained internal users on a variety of software and mainframe systems and on insurance regulations and procedural information. These classes lasted anywhere from one hour to four weeks, took many...
University of Colorado at Denver
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology
1990 - 1995
Instructional design / instructional systems design
training strategy and planning