Experienced freelancer. Sepcialising in rigorous, direct and rhetorically effecitve work whether for business, academic or popular audiences. First class undergraduate degree from Oxford University.
Read More »
I'm particularly interested in tackling complex topics, involving a high level of research or understanding. I've been published as a popular science writer, and have written content from dense accounting topics to websites for new businesses.
What really interests me is the intimate connection between ideas, and the ways in which we express...
Jan 13, 2015|Article Writing|$20|Completed
I'm offering copywriting, proofreading and editing services. I'm particularly adept at taking complex topics, understanding them, and communicating them in an accessible way, but I can turn my hand to a range of different styles. Past work includes:
• over 120 popular science articles, reviewed by the scientists who completed the research (meaning they had to be accurate, however complex the subject), and published in the International Innovation journal
• writing on a huge range of literary and linguistic topics at the highest level
• proofreading and editing dissertations on subjects as diverse as Russian poets, equine tendon injuries, and London museums, which needs real intellectual flexibility
• editing creative work from blogs to screenplays, requiring a meticulous grasp of the nuances of language, and a sensitivity to creative goals
• working to improve the SEO of a new startup, and writing content for the website, as well as providing input on the structuring of services
• conducting research into complex accounting topics, and creating professional reports of the information gathered
• writing marketing content, targeting specific demographics, and generating business for my clients
I'm particularly well suited to producing copy for the financial sector, having worked in house as both an auditor, and separately as a marketer for partners at a major wealth management firm. But I have taken complex topics and distilled them across a huge range of different...
Read More »
Web Writer, Editor and Proofreader
2012 - 2013
• Proofed work, including a number of Masters’ dissertations in science subjects. Improved written expression and checked for numerical consistency. Other work ranged from websites to screenplays,...