I am a highly experienced writer with an academic background, including the management of academic programs, and in publishing as an author and series editor coordinating the work of multilingual writing and copy-editing teams.
Read More »
I have written three books and produce web content (specializing in religious and spiritual themes) and write a blog. I have also written material as varied as press releases, the text for electoral flyers, author's and publisher's blurbs, and book proposals.
My doctorate is in German history, and my principal...
In the light of my qualifications, experience and interests, I offer the following:
1. Translation from German of academic texts (humanities, and social sciences, especially theology, history and politics), and of official documents from universities, churches, political parties, trade unions, national and local government and similar.
2. Writing summaries in English of texts from the above fields and the German-language press, including synthesizing and evaluating information and opinion.
3.Helping German and French-speakers maximize the effectiveness of their written English in connection with specific projects (advanced competence only).
4. Translation from French of academic texts (humanities and social sciences, especially political and social history and contemporary society and politics).
5. Summarizing and synthesizing French texts on the above subjects, including articles from the French press.
5. Writing copy (including ghost-writing) in areas in which I have expertise.
6. Drafting non-fiction book proposals, especially in the fields of theology, church history, liturgy, European history, politics, German studies, Irish diaspora studies etc
7. Evaluating/writing foreign language textbooks and textbook proposals in German, French, Latin..
8. Any writing which requires or presupposes a thorough knowledge of the traditional Latin mass of the Catholic Church and of the Latin language.
Read More »
STAFFORDSHIRE UNIVERSITY UK
Principal Lecturer in German, Head of Languages
1993 - 1999
Devised, introduced and managed .a university-wide Languages Program. Advised other institutions on setting up similar programs.