“Working with this client was unnecessarily difficult. This was a small project for which we put in our customary extra effort to ensure all parts were delivered ahead of time. The client had time to review the site; then took more than 2 weeks to get back to us. This project involved moving a very old site to the modern CMS Wordpress (WP). This has been delivered successfully to the client.
The single issue: Client wanted ".htm" and ".asp" extensions on WP pages (note: He insisted this was possible and gave us samples that were in fact posts, not pages. WP "posts" are different from WP "pages"). When we explained this feature was not supported natively in WP, client said we were lying to him and that using "htm" and "asp" extensions in Wordpress is perfectly doable in the WP environment without any add-ons because we need only change the permalinks. -Any Wordpress expert knows this is not true. Working with the default settings of a WP environment, all URL slugs have no periods or extensions. In fact, WP converts all spaces and other symbols to dashes. When we recommended a plugin to fix that WP limitation, he replied with low-blow threats and many unpleasant words. Still, our recommendation, which worked perfectly, was the final deployed solution.
On the delivery of the secure form, SSL certificates are usually bound to specific servers and IPs. Since he moved from one host to another, he needed to obtain a new SSL certificate. And his new host, Lunarpages, does not extend shared SSL to PHP sites. (See documentation: http://support.lunarpages.com/knowledge_bases/article/175)
Response to ratings:
1. Quality: We have delivered a superior site to the one he had before. This has gone live.
2. Expertise: We have delivered dozens of complex WP projects successfully. No part of this project was left uncompleted.
3. Cost: There was no change to the initial project cost.
4. Schedule: Delays were caused by the client taking more than two weeks to get his web hosting ready.
5. Response: Our team communicated consistently via PMB and Skype, and we even made one phone call to his landline.
6. Professional: This is for the client to judge. However, our goal is never to act unprofessionally to clients.
We appreciate the value of the ratings system used on Elance. But this clearly does not match reality.”