I have been a designer in the bag business for the past 25 years. My skills bridge the distance from old world bag making to computer illustration and computer aided design.
Read More »
When I started in the bag business I learned to make patterns and samples, because at the time most goods were made domestically. As the industry changed I have expanded my skill sets but I have the ability to work in any sample room in the world just by referencing my old school knowledge.
Aug 5, 2015|Product Design|$5,108|Completed
Jul 22, 2015|Product Design|$200|Working
Mar 14, 2014|Product Design|$750|Completed
Mar 14, 2014|Product Design|$0|Completed
I am a man who has spent my entire career in the bag industry. I enjoy collaborating with people on design, whether my role is to help provide graphical information of an idea of the client or a product concept I provide as a starting point. I am equally skilled in developing products out of fabrics, leather or synthetics. Many of my projects involve proprietary hardware and I am able to use my solid modeling skills on Solidworks to provide 3D samples for visualization and rapid prototyping.
When I provide a proposal I prefer to lay out a plan for deliverables and payments in advance. It is my belief that communication is the essential component of a successful project and I strive to provide this in all forms; visual, written and spoken.
Dependent on a customers needs I can provide the following.
1. Conceptual drawings : targeted at a customers product brief. I prefer to provide clients with three concepts (conservative, more progressive and forward.
2. Technical drawings for a sample maker: isometric hand drawn illustrations with dimensions and or 2D CAD elevation drawings of the bags.
3. Material Spec Sheets: detailed specifications of various components (e.g. lining make up, denier, color or hardware finish and material make up).
4. Factory recommendations: I have knowledge and relationships with factories
throughout the world.
5. First prototype review : I can personally go to the factory to work directly in the sample room to expedite a...
Read More »