I'd like a website that is very similar in navigation to acumenbrands.com
- please notice the website features a long-scroll single page and second blog page
- must have integrated blog posting support with RSS feed integration
- must have a simplified admin side portal for updating all links, images, and content
- must have a separate de...
Skills: css, html, volusion, wordpress
ubunto was incredibly dishonest with billing practices.
- We had agreed on a total project cost of 25-40 hours
- With less than 1 hour of work he did auto-bill at 25 hours for two weeks in a row - a total of 50 HOURS BILLED FOR ONE HOUR OF WORK.
- As this was my first e-lance project I thought I was receiving a cumulative total for billing and not recurring billing, meaning I was receiving a billing statement for 25 hours to date and not 25 hours for two weeks in a row. I assumed ubunto wanted to bill 100% up-front which is something I did trust and was comfortable with.
- At this point ubunto tried to file ANOTHER request for 25 hours. To be clear this is now 75 HOURS BILLED FOR LESS THAN 1 HOUR OF WORK. As I did receive my credit card statement at this time, I was able to catch this request and successfully file a dispute.
- Again, the TOTAL project was quoted at 25 hours and yet ubunto attempted to bill for 75 hours with LESS THAN ONE HOUR OF WORK COMPLETED.
- When confronted about partial refunding, and me asking for a refund for hours not yet worked due to miscommunication, he has simply said to me "a refund is not possible" with no reasons or apologies for the excess billing.
- Additionally he agreed to be responsive yet after receiving 100% of the requested files and content he did ZERO work for 10 days, even after acknowledging he did receive all requested materials.
I have since completed three other projects with other Elance developers successfully and have been more than pleased with their work.
As it took me four weeks to receive my credit card statement, Elance has told me too much time has passed to file a billing hours dispute with them. I have now taken this excess billing up with American Express. Needless to say I am incredibly disappointed and frankly shocked with his behavior.