English Literature and Social Science double major, graduated with distinction.
Read More »
Career Development Practitioner Certificate
Hello, I am a 2010 university graduate who lives on a small Gulf Island with one chihuahua and two cats. The children have grown, the garden keeps growing, and my goal is to keep growing with it.
I have written two successful grant proposals and am in the process of volunteering to write another one.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity, you will not be disappointed--guaranteed.
• Bachelor of Arts ( Social Sciences and the Humanities) double major: First Nation Studies and English Literature
• Career Development Professional Certificate
• Bilingual (English / French)
• Four years of educational immersion in First Nations cultural protocol
• Certified (Level 1) Kundalini Yoga Teacher
NATIONAL ABORIGINAL DAY (NAD) COORDINATOR April 2012-July 2012
North Slave Métis Alliance (NSMA): Yellowknife, NT
• Responsible for overseeing and organizing all the component parts needed for the successful orchestration Yellowknife’s “free-of-charge fish fry” in which the NSMA fed and entertained over 2000 people on June 21, 2012
• Duties included: raising funds; administrating all details relating to the venue, hardware, food, and entertainment; advertising; recruitment and organization of volunteers
• Skills utilized: organizational, communication (written and verbal), networking/public relations, problem solving, attention to detail, budgeting, time management
• Compiled a detailed report following the event that will be utilized to coordinate future NSMA NAD events
JOB CREATION PARTNERSHIP PROJECT PARTICIPANT
• Tutored in marketing skills for portfolio development and proposal writing: SWOT analysis
• Duties included: researching, creating, and presenting two (open to the public) power point seminars on sustainable living, the environment, and the materials economy
• Skills utilized:...
Read More »