Please see Service Information for details.
Walter de Milly, 53, Key West
University of Wisconsin Press, 1999 (memoir)
John Wiley & Sons, 2005 (psychology book)
I love most polishing the works of others. Aside from this sort of editing I would also enjoy such assignments as:
- Translating technical or specialized information into easily understood material
- Proofreading a manuscript (fiction or nonfiction)
- Editing an already polished work
- Finding exactly the right words for an important speech
- Giving a "flat" story geography: depth, breadth, and most imporantly, a narrative arc
- Crafting a business plan (assuming Iím given the raw material)
- Editing papers following APA Manual of Style
Iím comfortable working with virtually any of the sciences. I can also speak "corporate" language and thus can edit or write business communications.
In the past thirty years Iíve written dozens of business plans, crafted, proofed, and edited legal documents and memoranda, researched hundreds of patent applications, reviewed books, published articles in various periodicals, spoken at the Key West Literary Seminar on the subject of the memoir, appeared on numerous radio shows, and perhaps most importantly, learned to repair almost anything on a boat, including diesel engines!
In addition to boating I have other pursuits. For...
Read More »