I love to help other people meet their goals and take satisfaction in a job well done. I enjoy writing and am passionate about good writing:
Read More »
> I currently write and edit for a local monthly publication and consistently practice good writing, even in e-mails and online comments. I use the "Review Mode" in both MS Word and WordPerfect.
> I have reviewed and edited a graduate level college textbook for the author.
> I took the proofreading test for a book publisher. The editor said, "I am impressed with your accuracy and...
Feb 11, 2013|Web Content|$69|Completed
Jan 7, 2013|Other - Writing Services|$29,958|Working
Jul 5, 2012|Academic Writing|$458|Completed
Jul 4, 2012|Editing & Proofreading|$4|Completed
* The old adage is, "The proof is in the pudding." If you look at my "pudding," you will see the proof of my ability to produce, proofread and edit written material.
* My greatest strength is in proofreading and edting, including rewriting. I have not only been writing articles for a local publication, but editing other authors' articles. This has been through the exchange of manuscripts with the editor via e-mail. Each edited article is accompanied by editorial notes explaining the changes made. I was asked by the editor to assist because of the quality of my own writings.
* I am also an inventor, and have designed emblems and product logos, as well as artistic and technical drawings, for several inventions and general ideas. This also involves the crafting of trade names for products. It has been on my own, but provided experience in these skill areas.
* I am quick to spot indications of ESL (English as a second language) in what I read, and I am ready to amend writing to conform to standard American English.
* I have done writing and editing for other people. For one local business, I format conference brochures and programs and a testimonial booklet. I have also reviewed and critiqued novels for another author.
Several of the articles I edit require research to identify or verify sources and maintain the accuracy of quotes.
Read More »
Writer, Assisting Editor
2008 - Present
Have been contributing articles regularly.
Was asked by editor to assist, editing several articles a month. This is on a pro bono basis, for the good of the work and for the experience.
Victor Reasoner, President, Southern Methodist Col
Reviewer, Critiquer, Editor-Proofreader
2011 - 2011
Reviewed and proofread college textbook manuscript with 275,00 words and 3600 footnotes. Verified sources, quotes, historical facts. Corrected spelling, grammar, etc. Wrote evaluation.
Lynchburg City Schools
2004 - 2004
Substitute teacher, all grade levels, several subjects. Pproficiency in many subject areas. One example of how my broad knowledge base has proven profitable.
Ericsson and Sanmina-SCI
Product Specialst (electronics)
1996 - 2003
I worked in the same plant until it was closed. Besides production, I made presentations, produced training videos and trained other employees. This involved writing and editing of materials used.