I'm a freelance editor with a diverse background and an excellent work ethic, and I want to help you succeed as an author. I will be your biggest cheerleader and your toughest critic. My goal is to make sure you've gotten your money's worth and then some! As an editor with experience in substantive editing and proofreading--from making sure your format meets with standards to simply proofing for pesky runaway ellipsis and tense flipping--I will give you professional quality with a personal touch.
Read More »
I have worked as a contract lead editor for the past three years almost exclusively with one publishing house, and I've edited everything from fiction to nonfiction, including some scholastic and technical.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Substantive editing
- Line editing
- Story development
- Editorial judgment
- People management
- Motivation and morale
- Microsoft Word and Track Changes
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Well-developed editorial judgment
- Creative and imaginative
- Curious with a broad range of interests and knowledge
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- Attention to detail and writing skills
- Excellent research skills and competency in SEO
- Aptitude for viewing from a reader/audience perspective.
- Knack for communicating effectively in multiple formats while still encouraging originality and inspired thinking in authors and team members
- Self-starter with a penchant for perfection
Read More »
2007 - Present
Editorial skills, including substantive and story development, line edits, copy edits, and proofing
Accounts and invoicing
Advise and counsel of authors
Private contracting publishing house
2011 - 2015
•Edited, produced, and proofed written material for book and e-book publication
•Assisted acquisitions department in commissioning new titles and sorting submissions
•Nurtured new talent...