Conveying technical information in an engaging style is one of the hallmarks of my writing, as is my focus on delivering accurate copy the first time around. You won't find mundane, bargain-basement copy here - just well-conceived, thoughtful, and painstakingly accurate content.
Read More »
With experience writing informational, marketing, and educational content for the web, print, and video - I've become adept at a wide range of styles and formats. I particularly excel at crafting creative web content and articles, as I have a true love and...
While working as a Training Producer for the leading online training company,...
Wrote about my experience producing a lynda.com training course on the topic of Joomla,...
This was a blog article about using the iPhone for various philanthropic causes, that I...
Wrote this article about the new philanthropy trend of providing microfinancing through...
Wrote this article about the youth organization Everybody Dance Now, in my regular...
Wrote this creative and fictional content for a faux university known as the Roux...
Wrote this article on my personal blog, Philosophy of Me, as part of a series of...
Researched and wrote the instructional strategy and scripts for this one-hour course on...
Researched and wrote the instructional strategy and scripts for this one-hour online...
Wrote and photographed this blog article about my personal account with...
Wrote a short story, and shot the photo, for this article that appeared in the glossy...
I photographed rescue dogs and researched and wrote about spay and neuter for my...
Wrote this creative, and entirely fictional, content for the lynda.com online training...
Conceived of the concept, conducted topical research, wrote content, and created the...
Created, and wrote content for this fictitious brand and its related products. The...
Wrote an article based on the assigned title, "How to save money while spoiling...
Wrote press release for a photography exhibit of my work at a local art gallery.
Having maintained several dozen websites, social media accounts, and blogs for various clients, including online education giant, lynda.com, I'm comfortable dialing my tech-speak down, and turning up the volume on simpler, conversation-style prose. No matter what your online content needs, I will happily make that content sing, while competently applying SEO and keyword strategies - helping you capture and maintain your site traffic. In addition, I'm also skilled in web design and a variety of content management systems including Wordpress and Joomla.
As a former environmental and civil engineer, I've garnered significant experience in the technical and scientific fields, and will skillfully and blissfully write reports, papers, articles, presentations, and any other written communication that requires a scientific brain or technical background.
Need help turning teaching points into lessons? Whether your audience is children or adult-learners, you can trust me to capture the essence of the instructional material and present it in the best format for the end user. Having worked as a tutor for grade school children, and an instructional designer for some of the leading training companies in the world, including lynda.com and University Access, I've honed my instructional writing over two decades.
I'm also an accomplished photographer and am always looking for that perfect project to put words and...
Read More »
Asset Producer and Instructional Designer
2008 - Present
• Producer of over 40 courses for leading online training company.
• Edit content outlines, write video scripts, and create storyboards in close collaboration
with course trainers.
Cause for Action
2009 - 2012
• Performed low-cost and pro bono media writing and design for non-profits and philanthropic businesses.
• Wrote content and program websites in Content Management Systems including Wordpress and...
Training Systems Design
Contract Instructional Designer
2008 - 2008
• Worked with legal team to devise teaching points, instructional strategy, and scripts for company-wide equal opportunity employment (EEO) web training for Wellpoint.
• Consulted with lawyers,...
USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
2001 - 2005
• Collaborated with local, state, and federal agencies in the writing and administration of conservation programs contracts.
• Coordinated Earth Team volunteer program and prepared educational...
Contract Instructional Designer
1999 - 2001
• Wrote and created storyboards for a series of creative courses for Southern California Edison on the topics of Hazard Communication, Dog Bite Safety, and Ergonomics. (See portfolio for script...
Contract Instructional Designer/Project Manager
1998 - 2001
• Wrote, designed, and managed production of computer-based training, videos, and manuals for various retail clients.
• Worked with American and Japanese clients from Duty Free Shops to develop...
2000 - 2000
• Interviewed professors, content experts, and business leaders in creating online university courses. • Developed content outlines, instructional strategies, and interactive exercises and tests to...
Naval Facilities Engineering Service Center
Multimedia Project Manager/Environmental Engineer
1995 - 2000
• Designed, wrote content, and served as lead programmer for Navy websites and
computer-based training programs.
• Researched and prepared testing protocol for pollution prevention equipment, and...
Public Relations Representative
1997 - 1997
• Wrote marketing materials for the national release of this Broadway Books publication by best selling authors Jerry and Lorin Biederman.• Solicited schools, churches, and community groups for...
Colorado State University
Bachelor of Science
California State University-Northridge
27 semester hours