Integrity, insight, accuracy.
"Easily the best we've worked with."
Editor/proofreader/writer. Award-winning researcher and author.
Specializing in Religious and Historical, Self-help and Motivational, Business, and Academic Materials.
* Editing training at the University of Chicago from the editors who publish the Chicago Manual of Style—I know when to follow them and when not to
* In-house Assistant Editor and Proofreader of peer-reviewed, linguistic journal
* Ph.D. with sixteen years' experience teaching at top American universities
* Editor and ghostwriter of books and chapters published by John Knox Press, Simcha Publishing, Wexford House, and many others.
* Editor of book award finalist
* Ghostwriter of book award finalist
* Writing in own name appeared in book of the year award winner
Don't let the Ph.D. intimidate you. I am approachable and work with writers of all levels. As a former Education and Family Programming Director, I even have experience working with children and remedial learners. I am always happy to answer any and all questions you may have about my edits and suggestions. I also provide explanations with my edits to help you learn and grow as a writer. The final choice, however, is always up to you: I work in "Track Changes" to afford you the freedom to accept or reject each edit.
School applications? I take your aspirations seriously. It's my way of planting seeds for the global future. I have helped students gain admission to Harvard and MIT. If you are an international student, I am particularly good at helping you meet the word limits on your essays. And since I have many years' experience at top universities, I have keen insight into how best to craft your essays.
I can work in Word, Pages, Adobe Acrobat (pdf), and InDesign CS5.
Other Languages: Hebrew, Classical Greek, Aramaic
***Proviso: I edit academic materials and provide counseling, tutoring, and advice. Because I have high standards for academic integrity, I will not ghostwrite papers for the fulfillment of academic or professional requirements.
MO Dept. of Elementary & Secondary Education
Adult Education/Literacy Teaching Certification
University of Chicago
Graham School - Editing Program
New York University
Writes of Passage, LLC
2005 - Present