Technical writing provides me the opportunity to combine technology and creativity in describing processes, procedures, and equipment.
My Web can be seen at:
Through many years of working on a contract basis, I gained experience from a wide range of source material, editing styles, management involvement, and scheduling requirements. The changes and differences give me the skill to work comfortably in a variety of areas for both software and hardware.
Some of the products produced are Websites, online help, user guides, release notes, specifications, tutorials and training material, network administration manuals, and responses to FP.
There have been times when software was described in detail in a manual before the software was developed or a user guide provided a detailed account of how a process was done before the hardware existed in its final form.
This Website shows some of what I can do and have done. The streaming media pieces were done using Camtasia Studio, although I equally enjoy using Captivate to produce tutorials and training material.
Highly effective in communicating with engineers and technicians to translate technical information into familiar, understandable language.
Over ten years experience showing the ability to design, write, and produce end user, technical, and administrative documentation for print, on-line, and the Web.
Created and implemented a help system targeted to utilities for billing and customer service purposes.
Coordinated and wrote user guides describing RF technology and Automated Data collection systems in compliance with ISO 9000 standards. Researched and wrote proposal for a $250 million contract.
Designed, developed, and wrote the help system and training material, both user and administrative, for Web-based records management application.
Described detailed media streaming processes and procedures in support of database configuration, server configuration, and administration.
1985 - 1986
1983 - 1985
2010 - 2010
Wrote online manuals and online Help for TrackPoint. TrackPoint servicing workflow solution is a tool designed to help qualified real estate agents gain visibility from short-sale and real estate owned property clients.
2008 - 2009
Wrote procedures and processes for Loadable Software for 747-8 and 787 and stored in SharePoint. The responsibilities included designing, writing, and maintaining a Website after converting HTML files to ASP.
2008 - 2008
Wrote technical system documentation and user documentation following technical concepts of program applications and user environments. The instructions were organized in a logical sequence for development of online training and reference material.
Tasks included technical documentation delivery of use cases, user guides, training extracts, process documents and test plans with communication document delivery of executive and employee presentations, project descriptors, benefit and risk impact summaries.
2005 - 2008
- Developed a Web-based help system and videos providing installation and maintenance procedures for Field Engineers maintaining electromechanical devices.
- Led the documentation effort in writing and editing for operations and procedures.
- Developed streaming media and procedures for Training using Captivate, Camtasia Studio, and Snagit.
- Managed the project to develop and maintain six internal, departmental Websites.
2005 - 2005
- Documented network processes to provide data, voice, and video transport connectivity among servers.
- Developed and maintained the Website using Dreamweaver to describe processes and procedures.
- Used administrative privilege in SharePoint to coordinate the placement of files for review and storage. Results of meetings and action items were also stored in SharePoint.
Intermec Technologies Incorporated
2003 - 2005
I was also under contract between July 1995 and August 1999
- Led the writing team to develop a winning proposal response and demonstration workbook for the $238 million Automated Information Technology (AIT III) contract.
- Coordinated the effort among engineers, marketing, management, and writers for various proposals.
- Wrote requirements documents, specifications, maintenance manuals, and the end-user manuals for automated data collection and mobile computing systems, telecommunications and radio networks, including RF laser, Bluetooth, 802.11, EPCglobal, and RFID tag interrogators.