I'm H.D. Anh, a Vietnamese native speaker, now a freelance translator in Hanoi.
Read More »
A distinguished student of Vietnamese language in primary and secondary schools, graduate from one of the best famous colleges of languages and foreign studies in Vietnam, with experience of more than 12 years in this field, I am quite confident with my ability to convey the text from English into Vietnamese in a manner of accuracy and in plain Vietnamese.
Working for or coordinating with Vietnam Television and some other one-of-the-top local newspapers has...
English - Vietnamese translation/ editing/ proofreading
Vietnamese - English translation
Portuguese - Vietnamese translation (General)
Distinguished translation projects:
- THEODORE BOONE - THE KID LAWYER by JOHN GRISHAM (novel, around 78,000 words; published in September 2011, pen-named as Nguyen Huy);
- THEODORE BOONE - THE ABDUCTION by JOHN GRISHAM (novel, around 80,000 words, to be published in Spring 2012);
- Legal consultation package of EB-5 immigration into USA. (Contracts, documents, forms, questionnaires, and e-mail communications between the attorney and the applicant; appx. 12,000 words);
- Singapore property purchase and mortgage package (appx. 20,000 words);
- Transcript of ALIAS series (4 seasons of 88 episodes, around 150,000/360,000 words); completed in 10/2007;
- Transcript of LOST series (Seasons 1&2 of 49 episodes, around 100,000/200,000 words); completed in 04/2007;
Other experience before becoming a freelance translator:
2003 – 2006, AVITEC Ltd., in Luanda – Angola (The first recognized Vietnamese company in Angola; specializing in Photography, Imaging Technology & Materials)
Administration Secretary to the General Director
- Provide assistance in paperwork related to Vietnamese employees; prepare English - Portuguese office materials; among regular secretarial duties.
- Provide English – Vietnamese translation of marketing materials as well as technical & technology documents, i.e. user/operator manual,...
Read More »