A versatile translator and interpreter with experience translating Mandarin to English and vice versa. Comfortable translating for technical, medical, law and commercial texts.
Read More »
Mandarin is my first language, and English has been my primary language for the last five years or so. My academic background is in both linguistics and education. I have worked as a full-time professional Chinese-English and English-Chinese translator, interpreter and editor for 2 years now. My fields include business, finance, economy, investment, social and...
1. English-Chinese and Chinese-English Translation: I have several years of experience in translation. I am interested and proficient in translating Chinese social, economic and cultural issues, and academic writings to the world. I am equally proficient in translating writings from English to Chinese. I translate brochures, websites, blogs, to name just a few.
2. Transcription: I am skillful in methods such as survey, interview, and note-taking. I provide English-Chinese and Chinese-English transcriptions.
3. Proofreading: I proofread English-Chinese translation. I am good at grasping the nuances and subtleties in both English and Chinese. I pay attention to details.
4. Commentary and Review: I write commentaries on social and cultural issues, demography, news report, economy, and so on. I review books, journal articles, and movies.
5. Creative Writing: I have traveled to a lot of places in China, the US and Taiwan, and met many PEOPLE with different backgrounds. This experience provides me with rich sources for writing.
6. Mandarin Teaching/Tutoring: I speak standard Chinese without any accent. I was raised and received my UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE in China. I have comprehensive knowledge of Chinese history, society and culture. I have the experience of teaching/tutoring Chinese for several students. I can explain vocabulary, grammar, and culture in both Chinese and English. I help students with their HSK test preparation and general language advancement. I enjoy...
Read More »
2014 - 2014
1) Over the phone Mandarin Chinese to English translation
2) Over the phone English to Mandarin Chinese translation
3) Editing Chinese and English
4) Translating texts and documents