Mar 27, 2014|Database Administration|Private|Completed
Mar 4, 2014|Database Administration|Private|Completed
Feb 27, 2014|Technical Support|Private|Completed
Jan 29, 2014|Technical Support|Private|Completed
All-round DBA support for MS SQL (mostly) and Oracle (less) for Volvo Car Corporation:
* Everyday processing of emerging incidents in HP Service Manager Client
* Everyday process of changes like database migration, adding/removing users, roles, etc
* Executing new MS SQL or Oracle instance installation or removal of old instances
* Setup of new MS SQL or Oracle Instances
* Designing of new technical documents or reviewing existing on annual basis
* Designing, testing and implementing of new feachures, technologies and innovations to tech process
* Designing, testing and implementing of Database Mainternance solutions
* Monitoring and investigating perfomance problems and bottlenecks, proactive resolving of upcoming perfomance problems
* Monitoring for hardware issues on Database Servers and timely solving of upcoming problems
* Testing and implementing 3-rd party software and solutions for improvement of everyday work process (Tivoli Data Protector for SQL)
* Designing, testing and implementing security updates and patches for Database Instances and other tools we are using (TDP, JDBC and so on)
I work with MS SQL 2000 SP4 x32, 2005 SP3 and SP4 x32, 2008 x32, x64 and 2008 R2 x64.
I'm working with MS SQL Standalone Instances, Hotel and high-availability clusters based on MS Server 2008.
I participate in 24x7 on call rotation as most of database instances in our scope are 24x7 production database instances.
We are working with full usage of ITIL methodology.
Read More »