Language and its various forms of expression are my biggest passions- I am often seen reading books on historical linguistics, teaching English to non-native speakers, or debating grammatical points over a beer.
Read More »
Originally from the US and a native English speaker, I currently reside in Berlin, Germany where I teach English full time. I'm interested in applying my skills to provide novel solutions, whether offering editing, proofreading, writing, translation or career coaching as a service.
I specialize in English and German language skills that include translation, proofreading, and editing in addition to excellent writing skills. I hold a B.A. in German from the University of Georgia (2008) where I received the Cecil Wilcox most outstanding German major award.
Work I currently do for Sprachstudio in Berlin includes:
• Preparing outlines for teaching students in English, with a focus on speaking and writing
• Incorporating additional material to supplement learning and create a dynamic learning environment (Youtube, independent articles, language learning games, etc)
• Proofreading numerous letters of intent, resumes and work documents
• Coaching students on proper interview etiquette with prospective US/English employers
Work I performed for the German American Chamber of Commerce (Atlanta) included:
• Proofreading articles before press release in the German American Trade Magazine & contributing to the Chamber’s blog.
• Translating numerous technical documents from English to German and vice versa. Proofreading marketing materials for clients.
• Organizing a complete business trip for a German client and accompanying them as translator/negotiator to D.C. & Chicago.
• Preparing numerous project outlines, agendas, and protocols for use in teleconferences and projects.
Work I performed for Berlitz as a language instructor and service representative included:
• Preparing outlines for teaching students in the target languages of both English...
Read More »