* software engineer (Python, Java, C, Linux, Mac)
Read More »
* GUI and CLI programming
* websites, web apps (Apache, Tomcat, Django)
* game design & development (Flash, OpenGL, Pygame, curses, web)
* strong at brainstorming & high-level architectural design
* preference for delivering small, simple, cheap, "open source" (from the client's POV) customized software solutions, delivered quickly and with automated testing included
* makes tools, frameworks, reuseable libraries
* performs code reviews, or refactors
* rescues trainwreck projects, or...
Aug 17, 2008|Web Programming|$50|Working
Software engineer who has been programming for over 25 years, and doing it as a profession for the last 10.
Enjoys creating original software. Enjoys solving hard technical problems. Creative, good at brainstorming. Experience with and preference for Open Source, Unix/Linux and Mac software and design philosophies. Entrepreneur. Amateur fiction writer. Game designer.
Look for "Michael Kramlich" on LinkedIn
(can't give direct URL due to Elance policy)
Also check out mkramlich on GitHub.
Some public projects:
A tool I created to assist with model-driven generation of resumes and CV websites. (Python, CLI)
A tool I created to assist with writing stories. (Python, CLI)
A web-based game business I created and run. (Flash, Python, Django, Apache, MySQL, Linux, PayPal)
I blog on Blogger.com.
I've written several short stories, a screenplay and one unfinished novel. Currently developing a 40-page sci-fi comedy adventure story for sale on the Kindle.
I've been a technical reviewer for a Python book for Manning Publications. They liked my input and background so much they offered me the chance to become the co-author of the book, but I ultimately declined.
Upon graduating high school I was offered an honors scholarship to study Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I declined in order to attend University of Colorado at Boulder, which was both cheaper and closer to my family and friends.
I won a Diplomacy...
Read More »
2003 - 2007
I was a senior staff software engineer for the Orbitz.com and Cheaptickets.com travel websites.
Started at Cheaptickets, bought by Cendant, they bought Orbitz, merged us together, offered me...