The project is a custom installer.
It does the following:
1. Gather general information about a user's machine (OS version etc)
2. Gather information from the registry/disk about specific registry keys or files exist on some locations.
3. Send this information to the server and receive the offers.
4. Download each of the offer (in html format) along the images to a temp folder.
5. Show the first offer. As the offer is in HTML format, we have an embedded IE control on the window. The offer can contain checkboxes, radioboxes , text, buttons.
6. After the user made a decision, that he wants to install the advertiser's executable (an offer "offers" him to install such executable) we download the corresponding exe and install it passing some command line parameters. The parameters are based on the checkboxes (radioboxes) states. If the user chose not to install the exe, we skip the offer.
7. Show the next offer.
I am a professional developer with extensive experience in web technologies and Windows development.
During my career I designed simple websites as well as difficult web-based applications (mostly back-end part) . Most of them are running 24/7 and are being visited by thousands of people worldwide.
Also I have vast experience in Windows OS development : various updaters, downloaders, automation solutions, advanced web-based and NSIS installers, sophisticated web scrapers, SEO tools...