The project is a custom installer.
It does the following:
1. Gather general information about a user's machine (OS version etc)
2. Gather information from the registry/disk about specific registry keys or files exist on some locations.
3. Send this information to the server and receive the offers.
4. Download each of the offer (in html format) along the images to a temp folder.
5. Show the first offer. As the offer is in HTML format, we have an embedded IE control on the window. The offer can contain checkboxes, radioboxes , text, buttons.
6. After the user made a decision, that he wants to install the advertiser's executable (an offer "offers" him to install such executable) we download the corresponding exe and install it passing some command line parameters. The parameters are based on the checkboxes (radioboxes) states. If the user chose not to install the exe, we skip the offer.
7. Show the next offer.
I am a professional developer with more than 10 years of experience in web technologies and desktop development.
I have a long track record of projects in web:
- development of websites from scratch;
- customizing existing web solutions (securing poorly written scripts, extending functionality of existing scripts, front-end redesign, CSS/JS bug fixes etc);
- implementing plugins and themes for popular CMS ( Wordpress, Drupal, ModX).