To handle all requests from production network and external queries the name servers and resolvers have been separated.
- A single master name server updates 4 slaves with AXFR transactions.
- All slaves have been configured to serve requests for about 1200 public domains.
- 2 views have been created for internal and external DNS clients.
- 4 resolvers are placed behind 2 vips to optimize load sharing and provide high availability.
- All systems are Debian servers with BIND.
Skillful network and system engineer (active CCNP certification) with good analytical, troubleshooting, and communication skills.
Over 7 years' experience in configuring and maintaining highly available computer networks and network related services on Cisco devices and GNU/Linux servers.
Profficient in configuring dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP), VPN technologies (IPSec, GRE), IPv6, STP, etherchannel, VTP, VRRP, HSRP; Cisco routers and switches (IOS/CatOS), ASA applianc...