Develop new site for our company on Shopify platform
We currently have an ecommerce site selling office supplies, primarily toner, on magento platform. We want to build a new one to improve operations and allow us to easily add new products and categories.
We've been pretty successful the last couple years, but as our business has grown, we've discovered a number of limitations. We are getting ready to roll out a lot more products and product categories, and our current site is simply not setup to do this well.
Here are the basics of what we are looking for in our new site:
1) Shopify platform
2) The products we will be offering on the new site are primarily printer toner and ink cartridges, some paper products, and a few other misc products. Like a mini Office Depot site for example.That should give you an idea. We will have about a hundred SKU's to start.
3) Our current site is clean, neat and clutter free, focusing on a few products that we gain majority of our sales from. We want to maintain that while being able to add categories, hopefully making the site more beautiful.
4) Some functionality we must have:
4a) Ability to for us or our customers to save and re-bill credit cards
4b) Ability to setup recurring item and cart subscriptions (already seen at least one great shopify add-on for this)
5) Site established with great SEO in mind and focused on printer toner (which I believe also means we'll need blog)
*** Just an fyi we'll need Invoice Me checkout option and integration with our fulfillment center and freshbooks, though I can probably set those up once site it built.
What I am looking for in a company to select for this project:
1) Experience with Shopify, ecommerce, and SEO.
2) Clear and concise English communication.
3) The ability to move a project along and get it finished. I would like to have this done in 60-90 days from terms acceptance. I will commit to providing feedback within 48 hours of receiving 'new' work each time in the process, assuming the new work has resolved the prior feedback.
4) The ability to make decisions without hand holding every step of the way. I will be sharing basic philosophies I would like the new site to adhere to and my general preferences. If I hire you/your company to complete this work, I'm expecting that you will use those to guide you in the many minor decisions that need to be made along the way. I've worked with companies before that seem to be unable to solve any tiny problem or question without having me involved.
5) SEO Experience
6) Good eye for clutter free design
7) When we do decide to move forward, I would like to have a once a week conference where we can address all minor issues and progress in a 30 minute or less call on Tuesdays.
Please let me know if you have questions before bidding. I will want you to also add the SKU's, we can provide spreadsheet though for importing.
We currently have almost 500 customer accounts in magento. It looks like Magento will allow us to export the data from those accounts, it would be terrific if we could import those accounts into shopify, iff possible. If not, we will manually enter those.
I will provide our current site to interested bidders to help if you prefer to pre-bid first.
Looking forward to working with you,