Speech Writing - Well Rounded Best Man Speech For Wedding In September (Eng
've written a first draft of a best man speech that I will deliver in september. I'd like to hire someone to take my first draft speech to the next level. I want this speech to bring down the house.
The process of this speech writing job will go in 4 steps
Step 1) hired speech writer reviews first draft of speech and rewrites as they see fit (also ask questions as needed)
Step 2) hired speech writer sends update speech to me (Tom) and I review and edit
Step 3) I (Tom) send updated updated edits back to speech writer
Step 4) Speech writer makes one more round of editing based on my (Tom) notes and send to back to me (Tom)
The final speech should be...
- well organized
Other notes about my relationship to the groom
- we lived together after college (apartment in San Francisco)
- we both have a bunch of older sisters
- we both group up in the suburbs of San Francisco
Other notes about the bride
- super smart - just graduated from Columbia Business School
- likes to have fun, always up for a good time
See speech skeleto content below:
"I'd like to start by thanking Mr. Mrs. Wild and Dr. and Mrs. Voelkel for organizing the wonderful event and raising such wonderful children that are deeply part of my life.
I've known Mike since I could form memories of creating memories. I was fortunate in being dropped into the sandbox next to Mike.
Mike is the most well rounded, funny and loyal person I know. I'm going to spend the next 3 minutes sharing some experiences I've had with mike that has lead me to conclusion.
- The year was 1992 and Mike and I are celebrating first grade elementary school open house. A day for parents came to the school to experience what we've accomplished at our stint at Parkmead Elementary. The focal point of the exhibition is a garden that the students created on our own. tomatoes pumpkins, the whole beautiful bit. My dad and Dr. Voelkel are in the back and Dr. Voelkel whispers into my dads ear "when the hell is the teacher going to talk about the math and science". Well, fast forward twenty years later - Mike has an Ivey League graduate degree in landscape architect and has designed over one billion dollars worth of gardens all over the world.
- While mike and I live on other sides of the US, we still take virtual runs with each other. Mike is running to fast and I needs to slow down the pace of his virtual runs because I'm trying to keep up with his pace and I end up making duck food in lake Meritt. The other day mike ran three miles in 7 minutes flat and, being the competitive person that I am, tried to keep up with him, failed and had to go home sick for the rest of the day.
- Mike is a die hard Oakland Athletics fan. And I've gone to many A's games with Mike. Mike proudly only owns one jersey, which is tricky, move guys all the time. Mike's one jersey he owns is and Oakland Athletics Jersey with the name Voelkel on the back. Why might you ask would mike put Voelkel on the back. Mike would reply proudly "This guy isn't getting traded"
Sure I said some nice things about mike, but the truth of it is... He's sitting next to someone greater. Only persons more impressive, is sitting next to him, beautiful bride he's sitting next to be Victoria. Victoria is a rare person who is about having fun, working hard, and most importantly, loving my best friend mike.
Mike - you're my brother, I love you and I'll always be there for you
Everyone raise their glass and let's toast to mike and victoria"