Tagalog business translator - face to face translation - Manila
We are a research company (http://www.edenstrategyinstitute.com/) studying the consumer behavior in the Philippines and looking for a native Tagalog speaker to translate meetings with F&B, consumer goods, retail, banking, healthcare, and education professionals around Manila area in October and November.
We hire 1 translators in Manila.
The translators will also be in charge of scheduling the meetings over the phone prior to the face to face translation which involves organization and logistics (insure that 2 consecutive meetings are close to each others, verify addresses, etc.)
- must be based in Manila area
- translate meetings in from Tagalog to English and English to Tagalog, 3 to 4 meetings a day
- total of 4 days face-to-face meetings starting second half of October, meetings on Saturdays and Sundays (paid 50% extra)
- meeting scheduling will start 2 weeks before the meetings, meaning early October
- research on potential companies to meet shall be partially conducted by the translator to complete the current Eden list
- good business vocabulary to interact with F&B, consumer goods, retail, banking, healthcare, and education professionals in the Philippines
- experience in face to face translation or consumer behavior preferred
- 2 to 4 face to face interviews to translate per day
- transportation from city to meetings, lunch, and telecommunication cost to schedule meetings paid
- paid per day at the end of each day (PHP 2,000)
- paid per meeting scheduled (PHP 600)
- the mission can vary +/- 5 days
- end of project bonus (vary on performance and quality of work, one bonus for scheduling, 1 bonus for face-to-face translation)
- some meetings might start early in the morning or end late in the evening due to traffic conditions and distance to meetings
- lastly, ethnography sessions will be conducted in-between some meetings (e.g. Observation of people eating at lunch, shopping in a mall, buying groceries). These sessions might involve approaching the people observed and ask them a few questions to understand their behavior, taste, or background
Please contact me for more information and attach your resume either via Elance.