First year taxes preparation for software startup
I'm looking for someone with experience preparing tax returns for US high tech startups, to prepare and file taxes for the first fiscal year of my software startup:
- Delaware C-Corp, only one shareholder
- Tax year: January 6th-Sept 30th, 2014 (due 6/15/15 with 6 month extension)
- Cash basis
- All transactions recorded in QuickBooks online: about categorized 65 transactions for the period to consider with descriptive memos
- Business bank account has been reconciled by bookkeeper
- Startup costs in software development, patent attorney fees from 2010 to 2013
- First promotion of an initial product version to the public: April 2014
In your answer:
1) Please describe your experience preparing taxes for US high tech start-ups.
2) How you propose to deal with start-up costs?
3) The business is currently very low in cash, so please make your best effort on your bid price. Tax preparation work for this fiscal year will follow in September if this project works out.