Text file parsing & comparison in vb.net desktop application
UI design for the login has to be designed but need not develop its functionality for now. User will select login and file selections are done. Please take a look at the attached files for the sketch of the application.
These two files (file 1: request file, file 2: acknowledgement file) will contain millions of data and have to be parsed according to our instruction. You have to parse taking care of the performance of the application. Once we select you, we will explain all the entries in the file and then you will have to create a desktop app in which there will be two panels side by side and each panel will show the content of one file. Now we have the request file on the left panel and the acknowledgement file on the right panel for comparison. User will select one full line on the right panel containing the acknowledgement file and depending upon the selected data after some calculation a full line has to be selected on the left panel which contains the request file.
Calculation is as follows:
1. Acknowledgement file should be opened as read only and request file should be editable. A Save button should be appropriately placed in the application to save the edited request file at the user's disposal.
2. When opening any of these 2 files, you need to replace '~' sign as new line character(\n).
3. Wherever you see in the acknowledgement file, a group of consecutive 3 lines starting with AK1 & AK2 & IK3 respectively.
4. If the user selects any one line in the group, all the three lines in the group has to be highlighted.
5. One acknowledgement file may contain more than one group.
6. Whenever a group is highlighted, the application has to deal with the third line in the group.
7. Following is an example group:
8. '*' will be treated as the column separator.
9. Third line, third column of the group will be having a number, say 'x'. Whenever the user selects a group, the application should hightlight line number (x+2) on the request file.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR THIS PROJECT:
1. Freelancer would be getting more work if he or she is flexible and works efficiently.
2. There might be some minor alteration for which the freelancer should be ready to work. But if the alteration requires too much effort we will consider about paying you extra money.
3. The code should be neat and clean.
4. The code should be well commented.
5. Proper naming conventions should be followed for the program code.
6. We would require you to submit the source code whenever requested by us.
7. All milestones will be created at particular time and will only be released after the work is successfully completed by you.
*Note: No over budget bids will be considered.