Voice Acting - Game
This is for a start up video game voice acting.
Please provide me with a quote of how much it will cost to do all the lines on the attached PDF.
Please keep in mind the following when estimating your quote:
- It has multiple characters, but don't worry about doing multiple voices (we have voice modification programs, and the way we've planned this, is to have multiple actors doing the same lines, so that we can mix and match between the actors for different voices). So please focus on trying to do the actual acting (scared, stern, nervous, mocking, forceful, speaking while doing certain actions etc.) tones, intonations etc.
- This will be a somewhat realistic looking game, not cartoonish, comical or anime. So the voices will be realistic on how the bad guys or real police would say in real life.
- There's no need to do audio effects (walkie talkie effect, or behind a door effect, far or close), just need pure regular and clear voice files.
- There's no need to process every single line individually. The deliverable will be long organized audio files. Maybe organized the way the script is organized (e.g. Stern and intimidating). So for example, One file will be named 'Stern and Intimidating - Bad guys', and in this file there will be multiple lines with 2-3 second silence between the lines).
- Not sure how comfortable you are with cursing, but please do feel free to remove/ insert cuss words. If you're comfortable with it, it will be a big plus, since the game will probably be R Rated.
- Previous actors have done very good jobs adding their own acting and improvisation skills. They did the lines as is on the PDFs, then they added a more lines along the same lines, with 2-3 different versions. Just to add variety, so if you could do that too, that would be great.
-From the previous experience, plan on having one iteration. You can send us all your files, we will listen to them. And probably will ask you to redo some of the lines to fit what we need, but that will be the maximum.
Please send us a minute long recording of some of the lines from the script. Extra points if you can show us some improvisation skills based on the lines.
Please let me know if you have any questions.