Windows 7 Picture Library
I currently own a touch screen computer with the following specs:
"It has Windows 7 Pro EMB x32/x64 OS.
It's an ELO 17B2 Touchcomputer, Rev B - 17-inch Standard LED, Cedarview Fanless 1.86GHz Atom N2800, iTouch Plus (Surface Acoustic Wave), Clear Glass, Zero-Bezel, Multi-Touch"
What I need is a home screen with a touchscreen keyboard to type in keywords. From there I want the results screen to be thumbnail pictures that can be picked to enlarge to full screen and touched again to go back to the results screen. It would need hidden password protection (more on this below). We don't have internet access, so the database and application would need to be local (works only on that computer).
Most of all, I need it to be clean looking, and simple to operate.
Some more specs about what I need
1. This computer will be dedicated to this function, so just this app will really be running on it. If you think it should have a screensaver when not being used, I wouldn't care either way.
2. What I was envisioning was a home screen with just the keyboard and a box that the typed words are in. Then after the search terms are entered and they hit return, it would enter the thumbnail pictures screen.
3. Search results will be determined by the description, title, and keywords of the picture. More on this on #6 below. So, if the search phrase is found in any of the aforementioned items, that will designate that the photo should be on the thumbnail list.
4. When they click on the picture thumbnail I want the picture to occupy roughly 3/4 of the top of the screen, and then the bottom 1/4 for a description+title. Also, there should be "slider" buttons that they can touch on that will move to the next photo or the previous photo from the search results.
5. Regarding the hidden password feature. I want an area on the app that is not an area that should be clicked by the user (so maybe at the top right corner?). Once the admin clicks on this 'hidden spot', it will pop up with a password-protected screen. Once the correct password is typed in, this will bring the admin to the content management system.
6. Regarding the content management system. It doesn't need to be anything fancy. Allow them to 'Browse...' to upload a photo, type in a title for that photo, type in a description for that photo, and then type in keywords (comma separated) for that keyword. Everything except the keywords will be displayed to the user. The keywords are there for extra potential of getting search results back. Also, they should be able to edit and delete items as well.
7. There are roughly 2500 photos that need to be implemented into this system, so making it as simple as possible for the CMS would be the best.
8. Search screen and thumbnail screens must be VISUALLY APPEALING. This will be one of the main judgements of your work. It must look good!
I don't care what language you do it on, but it must work on this machine and be visually appealing (I know some languages look uglier than others haha). Thanks for your proposals!
To make sure you read this entire description, please tell me: What do you plan on using to make the program visually appealing? Some kind of library? Just photoshopped images? Etc... the more in-depth you explain this, the more chance you are at getting hired :)