Looking for help with Wordpress Custom Coding
I have a small start-up company and an eCommerce Wordpress website set up with the theme Listify (a directory theme with API/database by Astoundify).
I am looking for someone to help with some custom coding.
We are really looking for a long-term relationship.
But the person who works with us should understand that the amount of money/work initially is going to be modest - just a handful of small custom coding jobs we need to get done. We'll see if we work well together at a reasonable price.
But ultimately we would like to establish an ongoing relationship where we can turn to the same person for all of our tech needs from now on.
For a skilled programmer, each of these initial jobs should be quite small in terms of hours taken. Some are less than an hour.... some are maybe 1-2 hours.
The jobs are:
(1) Member verification. We sell an eCard with a month-to-month membership. The eCard allows the customer to browse our directory full of businesses.
The business owner needs to be able to verify that the person's membership eCard is active.
We would like to create a system that does this query/verification, and is available in a few different spots on our website.
-- We would like to create a "View my Card" pop-up screen with a 'Verify Me' button.
The eCard will display some information about that customer (their name, unique member ID number, expiration dates). The customer should also see a little button that saves "Verify Me!"- if they click that button, the system should query the database and (if the person is an active member) give a little message back that says "This card is verified!"
So- the pop-up screen would look like this:
NAME: Joe Brown
MEMBER ID: 3277494
VALID DATES: 01/01/15 - 01/03/15
[ Verify my Card ] [ Exit ]
We would also like to use this same querying system in a few other places on our website:
- Each business owner's profile in the directory has a "Contact Me" form on the screen. We would like it to be that when a member uses a contact form to send a message to one of the listed businesses, the email that gets sent out should automatically include a little note that says to the business owner: "This person is verified as an active member until August 2015" or whatever.
- We would like to have a dedicated page where the business owner can go and manually type in the Member ID number to find out whether the person is verified.
(2) We would also like a few customizations on the directory search results display. We have two kinds of business listings in our directory - the Regular Listings, and then our Minor Listings. We would like the Minor Listings to be displayed at the bottom of the page and look considerably different (smaller, less prominent). This will require a bit of custom coding, since Listify theme has all Listings look pretty much the same.
(3) Customize our savings calculator. It should tell the customer how much they will save if they buy our eCard (based on certain assumptions that I will provide). We have all the logic worked up for this already in an Excel spreadsheet, if you choose to do it that way.
(4) Our directory is proprietary. We would like to protect the Directory so that only people who are logged into the site (paying members) can see the full information. The version for people who are logged out should give much less information. So we will need some editing so that there is a "veiled version" of our Directory for non-customers (those not signed in).
We may also have a few other miscellaneous edits- the buttons on the main page widget are not showing up properly on mobile version, etc. Prettier/user friendliness edits, etc.
I may also need a little help setting up the account setup/payment flow of the website. I already have WooCommerce installed and I already have a PayPal Business Account. You should be familiar with eCommerce/Paypal integration.