Analyse xml files, build a python migration tool to MySQL tables ((updated)
(Changes a little bit the job to react to some proposals)
There are 21 xml files (most of them<100kb, 4 higher than 1Mb).
Each of these files consist into a hierarchical tree of elements; elements are always only folder, or item (item is specific for each file).
We need to convert these files into MySQL tables, so the hierarchical tree has to be replaced with (changed) :
- One table for the folders
- One table for the items
If filename is Equipment then
table EquipmentFolders (including a "folderid" and all other fields of xml)
table EquipmentItems (including a join to respective "folderid")
- in analysing one of the file,
- building the TWO MySQL corresponding tables
- building a python script to does the same (table creation) then import automatically (using minidom for import)
- Verifying the result with client
Once job is ok for one file, apply the same process to all.
To hand-over to client :
- One script per type of file
- A dump containing 21 x Two MySQL tables
One file for example is attached